Town of Springfield, Vermont
Department: Water and Wastewater
Grade: 17 (Pay is $20.23 – $27.84 depending on experience)
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
The Water Technician is mainly responsible for operations dealing with all aspects of metering water, recording and maintaining flow data as well as routine maintenance of the supply pumping status. The Technician must have the technical skills and physical capabilities necessary to deal with the daily operation of the Water Division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE):
- Actively participates in the performance of routine daily checks and recording of water supply pumping stations and all other flow data as necessary
- Assists in the changing of chlorine injection supply tanks.
- Assists with regular maintenance as needed in the water supply pumping stations.
- Responsible for all aspects of water metering such as meter reading, repairs and tests.
- Responsible for taking all required State samples
- Generates reports and daily logs as directed.
- Checks various citizen requests/complaints as assigned.
- May perform, upon request, all duties of a Maintenance Worker I, II and III.
- Participates in emergency repairs of all aspects of the distribution system.
- Assists in maintenance of all materials, apparatus and equipment used by the Water Division.
This is a non-exempt, Union position with an excellent benefits package. Applications and a complete job description can be found at https://springfieldvt.govoffice2.com/jobs. Apply at the Human Resources Office, 96 Main Street, (802) 885-2104 or email@example.com.
The Town of Springfield is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.