Salary: $30.62 – $34.14 Hourly
Location: Burlington, VT
Job Type: Regular Full Time Non Exempt
Job Number: 1270-19-002
This position is responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance at any of the three wastewater treatment plants and pump stations. Also responsible for performing all general tasks involved in maintaining division operations and property.
Union Affiliation: American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
Essential Job Functions
- Assist Chief Operator in maintaining wastewater treatment plant, conventional activated sludge, anaerobic digesters, and chemical precipitation, biological nutrient removal, and storm water treatment.
- Maintain onsite stormwater treatment facility.
- Monitor and record data from wastewater equipment.
- Operate and perform light maintenance on small equipment.
- Operate pumps, valves, gates, engines and other machinery and equipment while performing maintenance.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on all plant equipment including pump rebuilding, motor maintenance, lubrication, use of inspection equipment, cleaning equipment, and calibration of chemical feed pumps and controls.
- Ability to diagnose abnormalities in complex controls, including programmable logic controllers (PLCs) interface and interlocked control schemes.
- Fill out daily operating sheets, preventative maintenance logs, safety and training logs, and inspection logs.
- Follow written safety compliance procedures including but not limited to Lockout/Tagout and Permit Confined Space entry.
- Compliance with NFPA 70E.
- Observe, report and assist with maintenance or other correction of abnormal conditions within mechanical processes, including safe working conditions.
- Perform building and grounds custodial duties.
- Participate in formalized training courses for fulfillment of state, federal or job requirements.
- Ability to be on call as required.
- Response to emergencies on weekends/evenings expected.
More Information & Application