Royalton Fire District 1 seeks a water superintendent/operator. This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position with weekend rotations. The schedule is approximately 8 hours per day for 5 days each week. The position requires occasional emergency response outside normal hours.
The water superintendent/operator will report to the Prudential Committee for the Fire District. The candidate will work with a contractor for coverage for weekly days off and vacation. Schedule will be established by mutual agreement.
The water treatment plant is currently undergoing a $3.2 million upgrade. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to participate in the launch of a new, state-of-the-art computerized water management system.
- Conducts water system testing and reporting.
- Monitors water quality and adjusts chemicals used in the plant in accordance with standards for operation.
- Performs maintenance of equipment and facilities according to procedures and schedules.
- Investigates possible violations of water system rules and regulations.
- Responds to and resolves customer complaints.
- Conducts semi-annual water meter readings.
- Dedication to water quality and safety.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One to three years’ experience in a municipal water system
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Adobe software; the candidate needs a willingness to learn proprietary software for management of the water system
- Ability to work with the public with a strong commitment to customer service
- Vermont Class 4B water operator’s license
Physical Requirements: Frequent bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing, sitting, standing, walking, reaching, and driving. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and may have to move items weighing up to 100 pounds occasionally.
Location: The successful candidate should live within a 30 minute drive to South Royalton, VT.
Salary: $28 to $36 per hour, commensurate with experience. Overtime compensation over 40 hours per week is provided.
Anticipated start date: October 30, 2023. The Royalton Fire District 1 is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Please submit resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 25, 2023. Applications may also be submitted by using the drop box at 55 North Street, the office for the Royalton Fire District, or via mail at Royalton Fire District 1 PO Box 204 South Royalton, VT 05068.
Please see the full job description at royaltonvt.gov