Sugarbush is seeking a Utilities Operator to join our Mountain Water team! The Utilities Operator will perform a variety of basic tasks and assist utilities staff with specialized technical functions related to the operation and maintenance of company operated utilities including water and wastewater plants, sewer collection and water distribution systems and associated environmental projects.
This is a full time, year-round position with a comprehensive benefit package, four weeks paid time off, and free access for you and your family to all mountain activities including skiing, golf and our onsite Health and Recreation Center, and more!
- Collect samples for laboratory analysis and assist with and/or conduct analyses, calibrate lab equipment, prepare chemicals, run tests, perform calculations, record results.
- Perform a variety of water/sewer quality control tasks, ensuring that required health and safety standards are maintained.
- Assist in troubleshooting and correcting quality problems.
- Take readings from charts and gauges, control flow valves and gauges.
- Monitor, inspect, test, perform routine maintenance on and assist in troubleshooting problems with a wide range of plant equipment including pumps, gates, valves, gauges, pipes, motors, electrical equipment, storage tanks, hydrants etc.
3 years of relevant work experience and/or a minimum of an AS Degree in a related field preferred. Good mechanical skills with general knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems. Pump operation/maintenance knowledge is desirable. Vermont Grade 1 or 2 Wastewater Certification preferred. Vermont Grade 1 or 2 Water Certification preferred.
Must be able to work outside for long periods of time in various weather conditions i.e., rain, snow, wind, cold and/or heat. Available to work weekends and holidays. Must be able to gain access to remote areas of the resort with no mechanical assistance i.e., walk in snow or wet areas, through trees, up steep slopes. Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone, 2-way radio and in person. Must be able to perform heavy work involving exerting up to 100 pounds of force. A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record is required.
You can apply online at:
For more information or questions with the application process, we suggest you visit our Frequently Asked Questions page. You may also call us at the Human Resources number below.
1840 Sugarbush Access Road
Warren, VT 05674