Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT is looking for a Waste Water Operator. The primary shift for this position is 6:54 AM-3:06 PM requiring on call, weekend, and holiday work (when applicable). Flex to other schedules as needed. All duties to be performed in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Work Instructions.
Operate and maintain the treatment facility to meet all Regulatory, Corporate, and Perrigo requirements. Monitor and interpret process indicators and communicate to supervisor or appropriate management. Complete daily laboratory testing as needed. Repair and maintain all equipment at wastewater facility
- Monitor the treatment process and all equipment in the WWTP area, such as; collect samples, dissolve oxygen, pH, pumps, blowers, and other responsibilities to regulate water and operating conditions of equipment.
- Make process changes to assure final discharge limitations are met by following instructions, interpreting daily lab results and visual inspection.
- Communicate on a regular basis with WWTP and Production supervision on any changes in the treatment plant’s process and equipment. Insure that the WWTP Supervisor is aware of any circumstances that endanger the operation of the WWTP.
- The ability to perform any laboratory testing and instrument calibration
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunction, repairing, welding and rebuilding all equipment.
- Maintain the buildings and grounds at the treatment facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prefer a two-year degree or equivalent years of experience in facility maintenance or operating a treatment facility may be substituted.
- State of Vermont Pollution Abatement Facility Operator License required. Minimum grade, 1 ID. Operator may obtain and hold a temporary license for up to one year and then pass state exam for permanent license while working.
- Strong mechanical background and ability to troubleshoot/repair mechanical equipment required.
- The ability to be trained to perform daily WWTP lab analysis and interpret results required.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office preferred. Previous experience with SAP is preferred, but the ability to be trained in SAP is essential.
- Ability to operate a forklift required. Certification preferred.
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, and lift up to 55 lbs. and team lift 60 lbs. or more, repetitive motions and reaching is required. Must be able to push or pull up to 100 pounds or equivalency, initial exertion force of 65 lbs. or more, following written safe practice measures.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs and ladders and work at elevated heights.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly working outdoors, in temperatures above 100 degrees, in temperatures below 32 degrees, in dirty and dusty environments, near machinery, chemicals and fumes; frequently indoors, exposed to noise, walking on uneven ground, and required to wear protective equipment; occasionally working in confined spaces, working at heights and below ground level.
- Able to stand on concrete floors for 8 hours to 12 hours.
- Depth perception and the ability to drive backward while sitting forward when driving a forklift.
- Color differentiation is required to verify color variation on samples and tests.
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package. Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- And More!
Internal applicants please apply by 8/27.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.
Apply Online: https://jobs.jobvite.com/perrigocareers/job/odvjdfwY