The State of Vermont’s Drinking Water & Ground Water Protection Division is seeking an enthusiastic individual interested in public health and drinking water systems to become our next Non-Community Systems Specialist in the Non-Community Operations Section. This program provides regulatory and technical assistance for all the public Transient Non-Community (TNC) drinking water systems and Non-Transient Non-Community (NTNC) drinking water systems in Vermont.
The primary responsibilities of the Non-Community Systems Specialist include:
- conducting routine sanitary survey inspections of drinking water systems
- conducting emergency inspections of drinking water systems in response to bacteriological or chemical contamination
- writing reports that document inspection findings and sanitary deficiencies
- reviewing operating permit eligibility and issuing operating permits to water systems
- tracking and evaluating compliance with state-approved directives and timelines
- providing technical assistance and outreach
- assisting with operator certification
This position involves extensive communication and coordination with water system owners, operators, engineers, and members of the public over the phone and through email about all aspects of public water system operations. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills (oral and written), strong organizational skills, attention to technical detail, patience, and professionalism. This individual must be self-motivated, able to meet deadlines, capable of working outdoors in difficult environmental conditions, and a collaborative team player.
More Information and Application