E.J. Prescott, Inc. is a 67-year-old, family-owned waterworks supply company. We distribute water, wastewater, stormwater, geotextile and erosion control products in 28 locations across nine Northeast states. We also have four sister companies that provide fabrication and delivery services to our clients. We are one of the largest independently-owned waterworks supply companies in the United States, and we pride ourselves on innovation and customer service. Our motto is “Whatever you need. Whenever you need it. No matter what.”
Visit our website at www.ejprescott.com
Waterworks Service Technician
Schedule: Monday–Friday w/ occasional emergency call.
This position is located in Barre, Vermont.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Pressure testing and chlorination of water mains
- Pressure and vacuum testing of sanitary sewer mains and manholes
- Polyethylene fusion services
- Live taps and valve insertions
- 24-hour emergency service
- Repair of hydrants and valves
- Water line leak location, pipeline and valve locating
- Manhole coring
- High School diploma or equivalent GED is required, along with at least one year of utility pipe experience.
- Must pass a complete criminal and background check, as well as a pre-employment physical and substance abuse screen.
- Overnight travel may be required at times.
Special Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Willingness to work within OSHA and company safety guidelines.
- The successful applicant will hold an OSHA 10 hour card (EJP can issue this certification).
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude, the ability to lift 50 lb. safely, the ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge and be willing to work in a team environment.
- 401(k) matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid holidays and vacations
Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on our Indeed site: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Everett-J.-Prescott,-Inc.-1
EJ Prescott is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status.