Utilities Operator l Full-Time Year-Round
Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school, mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest experience? Make this your best winter yet by joining the team at Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to offer.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Free skiing + riding privileges at Sugarbush and across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents.
- Discounted rates at non-Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Free golf and health & recreation center membership for eligible employees and their dependents.
- Combined Time Off (CTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on food & beverage, apparel, and outdoor gear.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Employee housing (subject to availability)
Sugarbush is seeking a Utilities Operator to join our Mountain Water team! The Utilities Operator will perform a variety of basic tasks and assist utilities staff with specialized technical functions related to the operation and maintenance of company-operated utilities including water and wastewater plants, sewer collection and water distribution systems, and associated environmental projects.
- Collect samples for laboratory analysis and assist with and/or conduct analyses
- Calibrate lab equipment, prepare chemicals, run tests, perform calculations, and record results
- Perform a variety of water/sewer quality control tasks, ensuring that required health and safety standards are maintained.
- Assist in troubleshooting and correcting quality problems.
- Take readings from charts and gauges, control flow valves, and gauges.
- Monitor, inspect, test, and perform routine maintenance on and assist in troubleshooting problems with a wide range of plant equipment including pumps, gates, valves, gauges, pipes, motors, electrical equipment, storage tanks, hydrants, etc.
- 3 years of relevant work experience and/or a minimum of an AS Degree in a related field preferred.
- Good mechanical skills with general knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems.
- Pump operation/maintenance knowledge is desirable.
- Vermont Grade 1 or 2 Wastewater Certification preferred.
- Must be able to work outside for long periods of time in various weather conditions i.e., rain, snow, wind, cold, and/or heat.
- Must be able to be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to gain access to remote areas of the resort with no mechanical assistance i.e., walk in snow or wet areas, through trees, up steep slopes.
- Must be able to communicate effectively over the telephone, 2-way radio, and in person.
- Must be able to perform heavy work involving exerting up to 100 pounds of force.
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record are required.