The Vermont Department of Labor is looking for an Occupational Health Compliance Specialist to conduct health-related inspections of workplaces and work towards bringing employers in compliance with VOSHA regulations and other protective measure such as executive orders related to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a unique opportunity for someone with experience in industrial hygiene and/or industrial hazard evaluations to manage health and safety measures as businesses gradually restart during the pandemic. If you have this kind of experience, including strong knowledge of health monitoring equipment and practices, and are up for the challenge of both providing education on and enforcing State health measures, we welcome your application.
This position will cover the Southwest region of Vermont, primarily Rutland & Bennington Counties. Although much of the work is done in the field, the position has an office in Rutland. The position reports to a Compliance Manager, but much of the work is done independently.
Duties of the Occupational Health Compliance Specialist will include:
• Conducting health-related inspections of workplaces
• Sampling of chemicals and agents that could be harmful to human health
• Advising employers in health related topics for the purpose of protecting workers
• Investigating incidents related to health exposures
• Writing detailed reports that can recommend citations, penalties and methods of abatement
• Expert testimony in formal hearings
• Collaborating with stakeholders in efforts to communicate methods of compliance with VOSHA regulations, as well as health related protective measures assigned by the State
Who May Apply
This position, Occupational Health Compliance Specialist (Job Requisition #8453), is open to all State employees and external applicants.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Dan.Whipple@vermont.gov
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
View the full description and apply at https://careers.vermont.gov/job/Rutland-Occupational-Health-Compliance-Specialist-VT-05701/670866300/